Hi, I am Evan Kristiansen.
I'm a Boston Area portrait and event photographer with a passion for wedding photography. I love capturing a moment so that it can be experienced again and again, and as a result I've been behind a camera for as long as I can remember. I especially love events and weddings, where people are most passionately themselves. As a result of elation, stress, and sometimes a little alcohol, weddings bring down the walls that prevent genuine interaction. I've seen people who "never dance" dance their hearts out, and I've seen people who "hate each other" undergo tearful reconciliation. I feel honored to be able to be there, and to capture that emotion. I love nothing more than to hear "This is an amazing photo! Uncle Bill NEVER smiles!" or "The day was such a blur for us. Without you I would never have remembered the details!".
I would be honored to be that person for you!
How I work
- It's about you, not about me, which is why I take the time to get to know you before the big day.
- I favor a photojournalistic style where I capture the day as it is, with only minimal and occasional posing.
- Your day is about family and making memories that last a lifetime, which is why I do my best to remain discreet on the day
- I feel that my job is to tell a complete story, and as a result I have no upper limit on digital files delivered; files are always high-resolution and not watermarked
- I primarily serve the Catholic Community in Boston, and I specialize in Catholic weddings; though I'm happy to serve non-Catholics for other photographic services!
Fun Facts About Me
- I love to do almost anything outdoors including: Hiking, Biking, Running, Swimming, Skiing, and Camping.
- I have a PhD in biology. During my PhD I studied butterflies and the genetics that underlie their diverse and extraordinary color patterns.
- I lived in Norway until I was 10 years old, and can still speak Norwegian fluently!
- My family is all over: Colorado, Louisiana, California, and Norway.
- I like to do Triathlons during the late summer, they're a great motivation for staying in shape!
“My husband and I had a wonderful experience working with Evan as our wedding photographer and highly recommend him to other couples. From the start Evan was a helpful guide at our meetings, giving tips as we talked through how the big day would play out. He is very professional, responsive, friendly and easy to work with. And his photos captured our wedding day so well, with wonderful compositions, style, color. To top it off, he brought a second photographer”